Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Figuratively Speaking - Stop and Smell the Roses

6"x6" oil
I was participating in a 30 day painting challenge this month before my daughter's family came to stay with us on their way moving to New Jersey.  While the parents went to set up their house, the littles stayed with me.  I have to say,  once again I was reminded how much energy is expended by three children, how much energy it takes to be present with them, and how much admiration I have for parents who are attentive and take their parenting responsibilities seriously.  I do miss the giggles and the fun and how they reminded me to "stop and smell the roses."  Needless to say, I did not keep up with the 30 day challenge, and rather than try and catch up, I have decided to just start painting and hope I come up with a good one before the month is out.  I find it interesting what things cause my heart strings to pang.  I found myself having twinges of regret as I wiped off fingerprints on the glass doors and refrigerator.  Today I found a miniature pair of boy's briefs in my load of laundry and felt sentimental towards them!  Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...