Sunday, December 24, 2017

Figuratively Speaking - Joy

We are empty nesters....have been for ages.  Almost every holiday we spend it with family, but this year is different.  This weekend we celebrated with my son's family and had a spectacular time with a bonfire, a spiral walk, and we decorated a night tree as well as exchanging gifts and eating great food.  Next weekend is my granddaughter's birthday so we will be with more family and friends.  I am saying this so you won't feel sorry for me when I say it will just be the two of us on Christmas day.  I have been thinking a lot about traditions and how important they are, but also how they need to be flexible so that we don't get disappointed when they are thwarted.  I don't think it is ever too late to start new traditions...times change and I want to change with them.  So, I have been trying to come up with the perfect tradition for Carl and I that can be adapted to those Christmas days when family is here or we are alone.  This year it looks like we are going to be housebound because a big storm is expected, so our new tradition has to be something we can do at home or if we are traveling elsewhere.  I am not there yet, but I am narrowing in on the perfect idea that will mark this Christmas as the one where we started a great new tradition.  I am taking suggestions, so please jump in and comment on my blog, or send me an email I hope your Christmas is everything you hope it will be.  I can't think of anything pithy to say to end this...so, Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...