Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Time Out 6"x6" oil #293


Karin Jurik gave everyone in the workshop the same un-enhanced photo to paint the first day. It was really interesting to see the very similar and yet completely different renditions. The choice of colors, the value changes, and the drawing, which either made the lad look older or younger, made for many interpretations. My guess is that this boy got in the fountain (his hair was wet) and got busted by the authority on hand and was "sent to the wall" to sulk. Karin's series of mug shots is called "Busted" so instead, I titled this "Time Out."

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this cute (though sullen) little guy on Tonya's blog. I like your quite different rendition very much, too.
    My weekly open studio continually amazes me with the different interpretations of the same subject. It truly is all in the eye of the artist!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...