Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blue Light Bulb 6"x6" oil on canvas

This was a DPW challenge...to paint a light bulb...so I rummaged through our collection to find an interesting one and came up with this blue one.  I have no idea why I have a blue light bulb or what I would do with it, but after some research, I found they are marketing them as mood lighting and blue is the color of serenity and tranquility.  The mouse is a little guy I picked up at one of those little shops in Newburyport that is an endless feast for the eyes of seemingly unrelated items arranged with meaning.  The marigold blossoms just add a bit of contrast.  Even though this is a silly still life, I really like it, and still lifes really help you hone your painting skills.  My sister-in-law, Laura, used the word "artitude" to describe the attitude of focusing on painting daily specifically as a coping mechanism....using your passion to get you through.  I love this idea, and am grateful to be full of artitude!  I wish you a day of serenity, tranquility and artitude.

1 comment:

  1. These transparent blues are so beautiful!! And I love your sister-in-law's and your new word "artitude" Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...