Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm Going to Have Blue Christmas (without you) 6"x6" acrylic

This was for a DPW challenge to use Magnesium Blue (which I don't have) to do a value study of a celebrity.  I had many more frustrating moments with this than I had anticipated.  I wanted to get the fuzziness of his beard, the soft furriness of the hat and coat trim, the fleshiness of his face, the twinkle in his eye and the grandfatherliness of his personality and not have it look creepy because it is all blue!  What do you think?  The whole time I was painting, the song "I'll Have a Blue Christmas" by Elvis, was playing in my head.  See an early version of this song at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ODrPL9-kEs

$100 and $10 shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...