Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Thank You

8"x8" oil  NFS
This painting is different than my other work in a couple of ways.  To start off with, it is a concept painting.  I thought of an idea I wanted to illustrate and planned it out.  Then I did a very detailed drawing on the gessoed panel, as much work as if it was a finished product.  Then I painted it, using soft scumbled areas on the left, over the names of women who have helped me over the last 8 months as I have recuperated from surgery.  I like the idea of a child praying, as it represents such innocent belief and hope.  I am not selling it, but am doing another project with it.  I have always liked using text in painting as it adds an interesting pattern and another layer of meaning, but I seldom do this.  I am really happy with how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...