Monday, March 25, 2019

Self Portrait

This is me in a box.  Why am I in a box and why do I look so haggered?  Good questions.  When you stare into a mirror intensely to see what you look like, all the imperfections seem to show.  This is not an unhappy painting.  It is not like I want to hide in a box or anything.  However, I do have fond memories of making secret little play houses out of boxes as a kid.  Occasionally my mom would arrange to have a refrigerator box delivered for our creative pleasure.  Back then, those boxes seemed like a mansion and refrigerators were a lot smaller then they are now.  I wonder if I could get an appliance delivery person to drop one off at my house?  Sounds like a perfect grandkid activity.  A box for one of those double doored monstrosities would make a good duplex. I admit it, I am as goofy as this self portrait portrays.  Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...