Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Interrupted oil 8"x8" #259

Back to painting finally! I haven't been able to sit comfortably in a position in which I could paint for the last couple of weeks as I try to regain my life after my skiing accident, surgery and learning to get around on crutches. In the meantime, I have really come to appreciate my life and what I am able to accomplish on a daily basis. Good health and all the other blessings in my life are not to be taken for granted. My heart goes out to all those people who have to learn how to be ambulatory after an accident which forever changes them. I do not have a handicapped accessible studio, or rather my studio is, but getting there from the house is not. Trying to explain to someone where everything I need is, has also been a challenge, but today I modified my methods and materials and finished this piece. I am glad that it isn't terrible because being discouraged is not easy for me right now. On the other hand, I had to photograph it without getting up, so the lighting is terrible and it distorts the colors and values. You will have to take my word for it, but it is much better in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...