Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It Looks Like.... 6x6 oil #265 (Bouguereau)


I just got back from a week in NC where the weather was perfect except for the tornadoes. It was a wonderful and restful time, but I did not do as much painting as I had wanted. I did this painting with my mom. She gave me a calendar and I cropped a Bouguereau (Mother Gazing At Her Child) and did my rendition. I abstracted the child's hands, foot, and the mother's hands which I like a lot. I also got to go to the North Carolina Art Museum in Raleigh and saw an original Bouguereau among other really wonderful and interesting pieces. They have a fabulous collection of Rodin pieces and an unusual and historic collection of Jewish Temple pieces along with a large modern art collection. I am getting proficient on crutches and even drove today!
not available

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...