Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Flying Acrobat

8"x8" oil
 I have been neglecting my blog and I feel bad about this.  It is my accountability partner...my assignment.  I don't like to not get my homework done because I think all my assignments are really good for me!  Can you tell I am the zealous teacher/student?  I have been painting but also teaching, and framing (and entertaining company, etc.).  Framing is a big deal.  If you pay more than you think you should for frames you probably aren't.  It is a lot of work to make a good frame and then finish it.  I have been working on 30+ frames.  This is my drying rack for them.  There is a lot of sanding and painting and repainting and then the whole process of putting them in the frame and finishing it off nicely.  It, like everything else in my life, is a learning process.  I am getting better.  My husband and framing partner, Carl, is a huge help!  He does the initial cutting and assembly.  I do the rest.  I am getting ready for a big show in August.  I am doing all kids for this show, but I included the flying acrobat above, because it is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...