Friday, July 18, 2014

Skinny Dippin'

12"x18"  oil  Commission
What are you doing on this incredibly beautiful summer day?  I have been thinking about teaching a class on painting  kids/grandkids and this painting has reminded me how much fun it is to do that.  I like the combination of soft/hard edges, loose rendering and accurate drawing.  Actually my painter friend Heather Shay is the one who reminded me how much I love drawing.  She paints, but admits that it is the drawing part that really appeals to her.  Her painting style is very precise and is much like drawing itself.  Her subject matter is infused with color and fun material so it all comes together without looking too fussy.  I am including a painting of hers below.
by Heather Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...