Wednesday, September 10, 2014

30-30 #2 day 10

2"x4.5"  acrylic
Day 9 and I am only able to post #2!  I finally figured out what I am going to do.  I prepared 30 little 2"x 4 1/2" panels and decided I would do miniatures.  Of course I totally underestimated what that meant.  I thought it would make it easier to do little ones, but since I haven't ever done miniatures, it is a whole new process.  What I have learned:  it doesn't necessarily take less time than doing a larger painting; like all paintings, if you don't get the values right, forget it; edges, brushwork, composition and color mixing are the same, except brush size is completely different, so that makes all the difference.  Bottom line, I am going to complete these and based on the first one, I am going to learn a lot about painting.  Oh, yes, these are also acrylic instead of oil, which is a whole other can of worms for me! ...and then there is photographing it....believe me the original looks a lot more in focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...