Thursday, April 28, 2016


These are the decisions I made before I started this painting. 1)  Create the background with a high contrast of dark and bright. 2) Create the flowers in mass groupings in a variety of whites.  3) Add contrast in texture by showing some of the pedals and an edginess to the stems.  4) Try to make the bee realistic without getting fussy.
This may not be the most brilliant painting I have done, but I did accomplish my original goals. Then, after I posted it, I realized from looking at the post that I didn't like the high contrast background so I mushed it out.  I added a few dots of color in the pedals and rephotographed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...