Saturday, August 27, 2016

Guest House

8"x8" original oil
This painting was both a challenge and was freeing for me.  I somehow deleted the photo I had taken of this guest house at my friend's home on the cape.  I had done a sketch which I based the painting on, but I hadn't made color notes.  The challenge was to get enough detail to create a mood and try to capture some of the details which originally enchanted me.  The freeing part was not being tied to a photo and getting to lmake it up as I went.  What I really like about this lovely cabin is the turquoise used for the trim and flower pots and the metal sun sculpture hanging by the door.
This is a better photo of yesterday's painting.  I am still thinking about making some changes to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...