Friday, August 26, 2016

View From the Bridge

Add caption
 I am going to do this one again...I am not happy with the results.  Some professionals say you should only show your best work, but I think it is good to see the process, including the failures so that others can understand what is happening better.  The reason I don't like may be just because the photo isn't as telling as the painting.  I know the whole left side is darker on the painting and the subtleties of colors is much better  I think a proportion or two needs a bit of tweaking as well.  I love the subject matter, so I will try again.  Also below is another drawing on birch that I did for an upcoming painting. I haven't done any small paintings in a while so I am rusty and I knew that going into this painting.  I assumed it would be a wipe-off, but I liked it enough to photograph it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...