Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Figuratively Speaking - Baby steps #5- Hanging Out

6"x6" oil on Yupo  Price $50
I am feeling weighted right now with concerns.  We all are feeling the sadness of loss for folks in Texas and Louisiana.  There is a disturbance in the force!  My daughter is dodging smoke from forest fires in Oregon with her family.  My nephews are trying to get out of the Florida Keys before Irma lands.  One of them works at the airport and may have to stay until the last flight leaves (hopefully with him on it!).  Vermont has its fair share of severe weather, but right now I am hanging out (like these baby shoes) waiting for the storm to start.  It is eerily quiet, but you can feel it in the air. There are rumblings of thunder in the distant.  It will only be a regular end-of-summer storm. I take so much for granted.  These major weather issues make me stop and count my blessings.  But then, there is the never ending storm of politics we are exposed to.  What is the deal with North Korea?  Geeeez...so much to weigh us down!  I think I need some chocolate and a mind numbing comedy....Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...