Friday, September 8, 2017

Figuratively Speaking - Baby Steps #8- values

Values 6"x6" acrylic on paper Price $50
Football season has begun.  I am the most unlikely of football fans.  It basically goes counter to my values and sensibilities.  It is violent, results in way too many injuries, and the capitalistic culture is greedy and ruthless.  I still am a fan.  I like the energy of the stadium, the excitement of the competition, the athleticism.  When my dad was still with us, my sibs and I had an on-going banter via email all through the season.  I miss that.  When my son was very little he fell in love with football.  We lived in a big 8 town and would take our bikes to campus to ride around until after half time when they would let us in to the stadium for free.  That was good because I was a single mom and had to master the art of finding a diversity of free activities and entertainment.  I went to every single game, home and away, when my son was in high school.  That taught this reluctant learner the basics of the game.  I was incapacitated a couple of years ago and one of my chief entertainments was keeping stats of the NFL games.  I only watch Patriot games or sometimes the KC Chiefs or Denver Broncos. That is more than enough!  So the Patriots are playing KC as I am writing this....my two favorite teams.  KC is stomping the Pat's.  Honestly though, I like sleep better than football and so many of the games go past midnight.  Who can play at that hour?..I don't have the energy to even watch...not sure this post represents my best values.....Go Figure!

2 comments:

  1. Christine, I'm enjoying this series and I like this one particularly. Keep on trucking little shoes! - Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbi...I am really happy to be doing the 30 days thing....it is getting me back into the groove and I am thinking more academically for the moment which can be helpful. Happy painting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...