Friday, July 15, 2011

Growler and Peanuts 6'x6' #311 oil


I have been painting on canvas and am back to panels which I like so much more because of the slick surface. I tend to get get much softer edges with canvas and I am sure it is from my inexperience. I would have to do many layers of gesso on canvas to get it to where I'd like the surface, so panels are a good option. I like this painting and submitted it to the "Reflections" challenge on daily painters. I feel like this painting has the elements of things I learned in Qiang Huang's workshop and is still in a style I am comfortable with.
I am also re-posting the painting I put up yesterday because the photo was so underexposed. This version is much closer to how the painting looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...