Thursday, August 9, 2012

Karen's Garden 5"x7" oil floral $100

Karen's gardens are a masterpiece of colors and shapes with darting birds and flitting butterflies and this overlooks a magnificent view of the bay.   After days of staring at the boats and water my eyes were strained by the sun and I wanted to do something "quiet" in the shade, so I plucked these blooms from her garden.  I worked and worked on the color of the butterfly bush ...they were the most electric of magenta/purples I have ever seen, but I couldn't figure it out, although when I compared the actual flower to the painting it looked spot on.  This is one of those weird things you have to figure out...is it the value, the contrast, the background?  This may look like just another boring bouquet to someone else, but I recall how closely I studied them, how I felt in the shade and breeze, and all the challenges I tried to resolve, and I can't help but love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...