Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waves 6"x6" oil $100

This is in the evening.  The sky is hazy but the setting sun has just peaked below the cloud cover enough to shine on the edge of the wave, on her body, and touches in the sand.  Most of the beach combers have headed home while a few of us took quiet walks on the edge of the surf.  Even though sea is relatively quiet, I called it "Waves" because I like the way her skirt echoes the rhythm of the sand and waves.  This painting really captures how I felt in my quiet time at the beach.  I worked hard to give the sky a hazy look with yellows, grays and pinks and capture the color of the water.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your painting. . thanks a lot for showing it to me...keep it up . . I really love it..
    wellhead compression

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...