Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hope for the Future9"x9"

9"x9" acrylic
The last few paintings I have done have been from other people's photos.  I like painting from photos because you can do things that make it a better image, more fun, more imaginative.  I have great respect for really artistic photographers.  They can capture things in a professional and artistic way which most of us can't.  The truth is that many of the photos we take that have meaning or tell a story are pretty crumby images, but they still are important and special.  Each painting I do from a photo teaches me something more about how to do it better.  Painting from life is always good, but painting from photos is also inspiring to me, and I am able to do more and practice my craft because of the availability of photos.  I agree that it is good to take your own photos to paint from, but I have found that many of the commissions I have done needed a reference photo I could not take. This has pushed me to actually embrace photos for the tools they can be.
SOLD
To sign up for my newsletter go here
To "like" my fanpage go here
To go to my website click here
To see my DPW gallery go here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...