Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Sunset

8"x8" acrylic
Sometimes something comes into your life at exactly the perfect moment and you just know it was meant to be.  I saw the photo this painting is based on quite a while ago.  It was taken by my high school chum and neighbor, Bonnie Calvert Narvid who now lives on a boat!  Today it was the perfect painting for me to do.  It has much more meaning to me.  Painting can truly be therapeutic!  Whenever I am painting from a photo I have to pick and choose what I will include, what I want to suggest, what I need to add that isn't there in the photo. The other challenge with a photo like this is that, the reality behind the photo is so spectacular it is hard to come close to the beauty with a panel, and some wet chemicals we call paint.  There is the feeling of the air, the smells, the sounds and the emotions they invoke.  That is what I tried to convey.  I hope I came close.  Thank you Bonnie.
To sign up for my newsletter go here
To "like" my fanpage go here
To go to my website click here
To see my DPW gallery go here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...