Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Lilly

6"x6" oil SOLD
This was a commission and I am happy with the results.  I feel like I got a good likeness, movement and appropriate values.  It is a bit difficult to do small figures on a 6"x6" panel and keep them looking fresh and not fussy, so I considered this a success.  There are things I can do to set the mood for painting, which can be very helpful in creating an atmosphere conducive to happy painting.  When I do those things (music, lighting, scents, and careful planning) I feel more confident about my beginnings, but it isn't always the entire recipe for a confident and clean painting.  Sometimes I just can't get it right!  I usually work at it until I feel like it is resolved enough to call done, but they are never my favorites because I lose some clarity of color in the process, and color is what excites me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...