Saturday, February 6, 2016

Long Dresses (revised)

8"x8" oil
I just wasn't completely happy with my first stab at this painting.  I thought the gallery viewer was stiff and that was the problem, but after looking at it for a couple of days I realized the background magenta was just too colorful and drew too much attention so I neutralized it and now the person doesn't look odd to me.  The little painting on the left is by Tarbell and is called "Girl Reading a Book." It is my favorite part of this painting, not for the least reason, because it is so tiny and I think I got a reasonable representation of it.  Again, I have to say, Karin Jurick is my favorite painter of these types of scenes.

1 comment:

  1. Painting made some accurate impression in the mind of people. The specified painting makes the pictures something extra ordinary for the user of paper writing website post. The specified need for the painting meets by the people in accurate form and way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...