Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Quiet Corner

5"x7" oil
I am getting so excited about all the things I can do now that I can walk and drive!  It is exciting to be alive and well.  I really want to make a trip to one or more of my favorite galleries/art museums.  On another note, I have had 3 requests just today for donations of art to auctions to benefit worthy causes.  I am glad to do this because I paint so frequently, but I know a lot of other artists that get asked as often as I do, and they don't have nearly the inventory.  It would be interesting to see some actual numbers on the amount of art donated by artists around the world every day, and see all the different causes it helps.  So, if you go to a fundraiser that auctions art, think of those artists who are donating and do your best to purchase something you love.

1 comment:

  1. Is that a Winslow Homer painting on the wall? Clever the way you showed the slight gleam of the spotlight on the painting and wall.
    The donation for charity is a topic with many sides. The collectors who pay full price for a painting have to be respected. Most auctions sell for less. My way of dealing with it is to give then a framed print plus a donation.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...