Monday, February 25, 2019

A Bit of Cold 11x14 acrylic


The last time I posted was last August, when it was very warm and all you had to wear was a swim suit and cover-up.  Today I drove through the worst blizzard conditions of this winter.  It was a complete white out and it occurred to me that my mission did not justify the risks I was taking to get to my destination.  All turned out well and I came home with a desire to reintroduce myself to the opportunities available through technology.  So, I am posting on my blog, intend to post on my art facebook page and, even do Instagram.  The thing about technology is that there is always a learning curve to get back track after taking a break. At least that is true for me, which is why I have taken so long to talk myself into it.  I am stumbling around a bit, but with the effort I will get good at this again.  So, on this chilly winter day I am posting icebergs from Alaska.  Have I ever been to Alaska?  No. Have I ever seen an iceberg?  No.  Did I paint this from a photo I took?  No.  All those things disqualify me in some critics eyes, but as I always tell my students,  "whatever you are painting, it is just a combination of values, lines, shapes, colors and brushwork."  So I saw this photo and just wanted to paint all those blues.  I did it with a limited number of colors, blue, black, white, and yellow ochre.  It was fun.  It was different.  And I learned a few things.  Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...