Sunday, March 10, 2013

After, After 5"x7" mixed media

Abstract Weekend Day #2-  This weekend and next I am doing abstracts based on other artist's realistic works.  This one is based on Van Gogh's "Courtesane."  I find it interesting that I am basing mine on an artist who based his on another artist's work.  I could do a whole series on that idea!  I used to tutor college students, mostly in writing term papers and preparing for tests, but what I really loved about it was the opportunity to study something I wouldn't normally come across.  Van Gogh was one of those subjects.  Knowing more about an artist of his fame certainly adds to my appreciation of his work and style.  He was a genius in getting wonderful colors and textures from his brushwork.  My piece gets it's texture from thick paint and collage elements.


$100 and $10 shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...