Monday, March 18, 2013

Out of the Woods 5"x7" oil

I love skiing and have been fortunate to be able to go out a lot this year.  Spring skiing has been great.  The advantage of living so close to a resort is that I can go up every day for a few hours and ski or work out or snowshoe or hike, and still have the rest of the day to work and paint and take care of business.  This skier is more adventurous than I am.  She likes skiing in the woods, double diamonds and moguls. Nancy Colella posted a painting last week based on a very similar image. The sky was her background and she called it "Red, White and Blue," and it is a really fun painting that inspired me to paint mine.  I put the trees behind mine to tell a different story. Also my skier has on a helmet, which may not be as pretty, but is much more safe!  Please were your helmets!

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...