Sunday, March 3, 2013

Flutters 5"x7" mixed media

It is the back end of abstract weekend.  I titled this "Flutters" as in "the butterfly flutters over the flower" and also "I have the flutters looking down this black diamond ski trail."  The beauty of motion and that uncomfortable motion in the belly are universally familiar sensations for humankind.  That is about as profound as I get.  I consider this to be a feminine piece.  I saw a performance by the Peking Acrobats this week and was astounded by their athleticism, but even more impressed by how delicate and feminine the women looked and their performance included lovely dance moves and live music.  Their strength, stamina and flexibility were superb.  I think that experience influenced this piece.

$45 $10 ship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...