Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Good Place to Live 3"x5" watercolor

It has been over 2 weeks since I last posted!  I am feeling very negligent about my blog, but I have been busy traveling, and teaching, and as a result, doing little watercolor paintings and drawings instead of oil paintings.  I will get those going again, but I have really had fun with these.  This one is a house portrait.  I couldn't decide which angle to get all the fun things in and have it look like the house.  They spend a lot of time in the evenings drinking wine pool side, they have some lovely colors in their gardens out front, and the mountain sticks up behind, but each of those features can only be seen at different locations, so I combined the suggestion of them all with an entry-way view.  I have a bunch of little watercolors to photograph so I think I will do that while I warm up to oils again tomorrow.  I am teaching a painting (acrylic) class tonight.  I really am enjoying the teaching, but it takes a lot of preparation.  I am also getting ready for my first art fair.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...