Monday, April 21, 2014

A Second Look


8"x10" oil
I feel like I have been away for years when in fact, it has been 5 1/2 weeks.  My daughter had a beautiful baby girl, Juniper (10lbs. 4 oz. because I know you want to know) and I have been helping them out.  I returned home ready to reclaim my other life.  So I am doing art things, but I found this painting I did before I left and never posted because I wasn't happy with it.  It was an experiment, and now that I have given it some space, it suddenly looks better to me.  There is a lesson in that.  I was taking care of my two preschool grandsons while I was away, and although we did many creative projects every day, I did no painting myself.  This made me really look at my priorities and see that for me, being an artist can't be my one and only focus.  I need times to do the other things, like be a good grandma and mom.  I came to peace with that.  Now I have to rebuild my blog friends who have given up on me over the last month and a half.  So if you see this post, and read it, please make a comment so I know I still have an audience!  And, I do appreciate you so much!
To purchase this painting email me
To sign up for my newsletter go here
To "like" my fanpage go here
To go to my website click here
To see my DPW gallery go here 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! That is how ia felt when painting it!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back and congratulations! I liked this painting at first glance (didn't need to wait as you did to see its loveliness.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Shirley...I am trying to get my rhythm back and still get my spring gardening done!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...