Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Figuratively Speaking - Illusion

The colors are much more lovely in person.  The reds and purples have pretty much disappeared from this photo.  It is an oil painting 3"x8"...about the size of a large bookmark.  I titled it "Illusion."  I don't know why, but it seemed appropriate.  Everything outside my doors is a bit of an illusion today.  It is white with a bit of grays.  The white is swirling and dropping, sliding and blowing.  We are immersed in a classic spring nor'easter and they have labeled it a blizzard.  It is definitely dicey on the roads and the birds don't seem too pleased by it.  There is a lot of powdery stuff on the ground and my ski friends are drinking toasts to it already.  This weekend will be divine for them although plenty will be complaining about another storm coming in then.  I have no opinion as I will be in the south with comparatively balmy temperatures.  I hope the kids have a blast, that the winter recreationalists are thrilled, that everyone is safe and the disgruntled are too preoccupied to complain.  I will be enjoying a comfortable stroll on quiet streets.  That is, if I can make it to the airport in the morning, which is questionable at this point.  Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...