Monday, March 13, 2017

Figuratively Speaking - Wild Flowers

oil 6"x6" $75
Wild and exciting, these mums are close to being out of control. A bouquet haphazardly placed in a ball jar grabs the attention of anyone who walks in the room.  They make me smile.  They remind me of my kids.  My son came to visit this weekend with his beautiful daughters.  We had so much fun.  They are free range kids who are sweet and interesting and smart and excited to be alive.  Their father is wild, crazy, fun, sensitive, smart and really good looking.  He is also clever and talented.  He recently went through a tough time, but he pulled it together and sorted the inside and out.  He makes me smile when he walks into the room.  He is interested in so many things and is skilled in a multitude of areas, but is always thirsty to learn new things.  His latest passions include playing the guitar and specializing in plumbing repair to work on his home which was built in 1899 as the town library.  He was not an easy child to raise, but when I see what an awesome and dedicated father he is, I feel so proud of him.  He is like the crazy patterns of these mums, a bit unpredictable, but oh, so beautiful. I would like him evn if he weren't my son! A mother's love....go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...