Monday, January 22, 2018

figuratively Speaking - Geraniums on the Window Sill

11"x14" acrylic
I had a busy day yesterday, running from one event to another to make sure I arrived on time.  I miss judged and ended up getting to the potluck an hour early.  It was at a gallery, so I just helped set things up and waited to see others come in.  It gave me a different perspective.  Since I had been waiting, I was ready to welcome those who came in, introduce them to new people, get the conversation started....then before the event was in full swing, I had to leave for a different commitment.  I was so focused on time that I forgot to eat (isn't that the point of a pot luck?).  I went to a concert of a classical oboist.  That was new for me.  He was a young man who along with his piano accompaniment (another talented young man) wooed us into an inspired but relaxed state with the melodic singing of his instrument.  Then we dashed home to catch the fourth quarter of the Patriots game.  That was a shift I wasn't ready for.  We were hungry, cold (the theater was cold) and the game was anxiety producing.  I ate while watching...eating too fast....eating too much...putting food into a nervous stomach.  Bad plan!  It is not unlike painting sometimes.  Feeling rushed and doing too much without thinking it through can lead to a disaster.  I am trying to slow down and make more careful decisions.  Sometimes though, after having raced through to a mess, I can regroup and pull it off...very much like the fourth quarter of the football game.  It is a good thing the Super Bowl is in 2 weeks and it will all be over and I can release myself from this crazy obsession.  Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...