Thursday, January 18, 2018

Figuratively Speaking - Sunflower Sunset

4'x6' acrylic
Right before I had shoulder replacement surgery I started this painting.  I usually do tiny little paintings but I chose to do this one 4'x6'.  I wanted to have something momentous to work on with my left arm as my right shoulder recuperated (I finished it with my dominant arm).  I had been requested to paint sunflowers so the decisions for this painting started with that.  Then I decided it would be about patterns and I wouldn't obsess about details.  I wanted to include the green mountains which I painted green (clever, aren't I?).  I wanted a dramatic sunset so I could get some purple into the sky and also repeat the yellows and oranges.  It is simple and really a fun and lovely painting so I am happy with it, but I am even more happy that the recipient is thrilled with it.  It met her criteria and expectations.  It is an honor and a privilege to be able to spend my time making others happy while I am doing what fulfills me.  I don't have to be brilliant or clever or perfect....I just have to keep trying, keep learning and pay attention.  The paying attention part is really important....but that is another story...Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...