Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Figuratively Speaking - Pink Ponies

8"x10" acrylic
Normally you would associate pink elephants with drunkenness, especially if you were from the Dumbo generation.  However, if you are a three year old, pink is the perfect color for horses.  I found two horse paintings in a pile of photos and momentos my mother gave me years ago.  One was a paint by number I did when I was young and the other one was a paint by number my daughter did when she was young.  Since my daughter's children were visiting me, I decided to give each of the boys one of the horse paintings and gave their sister the opportunity to pick the color for a third painting I would do.  They were in transition, moving from the west coast to the east coast, with most of their possessions in boxes while the family resides in a rental while looking for a house to purchase.  I thought this would give them each a painting to hang up in their rooms in the meantime.  I have encouraged each of my five grandchildren to appreciate art, make it and to start to collect it.  Of course it helps that my mother was an artist, I am, and my children are all creative as well.  My daughter has done an amazing job teaching her children about artists and how to handle art materials.  The three year old made a pirates' ship and carefully painted it with well thought out details and colors, keeping all the colors seperated, making no "mud."  It was quite impressive.  What an advantage to start at such an early age, with such a vivid imagination.  I wonder if a three year old consulted on the Dumbo movie.  Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...