Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fascination 4"x4" oil

Sorry that this photo is blurry.  I will have to re-shoot it tomorrow.  The series of abstracts I have been working on start with a shape and move into more shapes and colors which suggest a mood or feeling or action which then inspires the title.  I started with a big piece of gessoed and toned canvas and had my 3 year old granddaughter help me paint big brush marks on it.  Then, after it dried, I cut the canvas into 4"x4" squares and worked each one as I was inspired by the remaining marks of the original.  This was a "fascinating" process for me and really loosened me up and helped me see where I would like to go with abstracts.  I may take all of this series and frame them together as a mosaic.  I will post it if I decide to do this.

$45 $10 ship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...