Thursday, January 17, 2013

Flibbertigibbet 4"x4" acrylic

30 Paintings 30 Days Challenge:  Abstracts and Large Paintings (something different) day 16
 When I was in school my mom would show her sympathy for my neurotic wining about how one of the girls hurt my feelings by calling them a "flibbertigibbet."  Definition: A silly, scatterbrained, or garrulous person, a flighty or whimsical person.  It didn't sound mean at the time and I think she did it just to amuse me and diffuse the power I had given their remarks or actions.  She would also tell me not to be a flibbertigibbet.  Isn't that a great word.  It does and silly dance off your tongue when it is said.  I think in many ways I am actually a flibbertigibbet, but then, that is part of the charm!

$45 $10 ship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...