Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sunset Glow 16"x20" oil

This is my first painting of 2013.  We had a windstorm that knocked down about 8 trees in our yard and completely wiped out our power and communications for a week.  In the midst of that and the holidays and workmen coming and going, I just put away my paints. In the middle of it all we got a huge snowstorm. It was tremendously fun to do this painting which is larger than I normally do.  It is the east view out my studio.  The sun is setting to the west and casting an amazing golden hue on the snow covered mountains.  It is my intention to do the 30 paintings in 30 days that Leslie Seata has challenged daily painters, but I am starting a few days behind so I am going to have to get serious.  I went skiing for the first time since I broke my leg a year and a half ago, and how I felt going out is very similar to how I felt doing this painting...excited, a little cautious, and thrilled to be able to do it.  Happy New Year to all!$600

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...