Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Still Life 8

8"x8" oil
We are snowed in today so this is a cheerful image to stare at for a few hours.  I don't think this photo does it justice.  The contrast is not enough.  I keep complaining about my photos so I guess I am going to have to get someone to tutor me on how to get the best ones I can.  I used smaller brushes on this painting and it is evident to me in the finished product...not so much fussy, as more precise.  I think it is a nice effect, but I really like loads of paint and juicy brushwork.  These still life paintings are from a video course by Daniel Edmondson.  He is very generous in responding with video critiques which are quite helpful.  This is the first time I have done something like this and I recommend it, especially if you need to jump-start a new series of paintings.  It reminds me of the important basics.  I am getting close to the end, so I need to figure out what to paint next.  My husband has been looking at these and his comment is always the same, "I think you are a portrait painter."  My son says, "It looks like fruit and flowers and stuff," but he doesn't use the word 'stuff.'  I am not getting a lot of encouragement from the home front, so I hope some of my friends in cyberspace like it better!

To purchase this painting go here.
To sign up for my newsletter go here
To "like" my fanpage go here
To go to my website click here
To see my DPW gallery go here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...