Friday, February 28, 2014

Chosen Child

8"x8" oil
When I paint someone's portrait from a photo and they are smiling, I smile too.  I am totally in love with this little guy and I haven't even met him...yet!  I approached this painting differently than others I have done.  I finish my own painting boards with many layers of gesso that I sand down.  I used a roller to apply the gesso on the last batch I made and there is quite a bit of texture to them.  They are more absorbent as well.  At first I thought of this as a flaw, but after using them, I realize I can get a different effect from them and it really worked on this portrait.  I blended my colors instead of layering them, and he came out very soft looking which I like.  I hope you do too!
  SOLD
To sign up for my newsletter go here
To "like" my fanpage go here
To go to my website click here
To see my DPW gallery go here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...