Saturday, January 22, 2011

Morgan Show 6"x6" acrylic #195

This was painted from a photo I took at the Morgan Horse Show at the Morgan Horse Farm near Middlebury, VT. This young lady was getting ready to enter the show ring with her beautiful horse. My grandson is becoming my best fan. The other day he came in and saw a painting I had done and so enthusiastically said, "I love this!" with such honesty and emotion it made me want to cry. I consider myself to have "made it" based on his reaction. It is really important to consider who your critics are and who you are going to listen to and believe. To bring such joy to him fulfilled what ever goal I ever had of pleasing the public! He loves horses and lives across the road from a beautiful horse ranch, so this one was done for him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure he'll love this one.
    I can't believe the complexity of the scene you were able to do on a 6x6.
    It's very harmonious and the composition is so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...