Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sparkling Night at Home acrylic 6"x6" #177

How can you wake up and be so filled with self-doubt? It is like a ego-smashing bug crawls into your ear during the night and robs you of courage. My husband likes the British series "Red Dwarf" and I remember there was an episode about a polymorph that did something like that. Anyway, what do you do? You just have to get up and go for it. This painting is of a home on a magical wintery night. The snow is falling in quarter size flakes and piling up quickly. The sky is azure and the glow from the lights reflects brilliantly on the snow. The house is a bit wonky; maybe I'll fix it one day, or just let it be like a well worn hoodie.

1 comment:

  1. It's a virus that attacks artists I think. I've certainly contracted it! I also think you have the right notion for a cure. You just work through it; and when you wake up tomorrow, I bet you'll like both your work and the world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...