Sunday, January 16, 2011

Parking pastel #189


This was an exercise in arbitrary cropping. A fire hydrant in the foreground might have made it more interesting. I will have to think about that but there is a mystery to who is getting in/out of the car. Who are they and what are they doing? On a less productive but still artistic note, I went snowshoeing with my husband today (he came to visit us at my daughters) and I really studied how things looked and what I would do to paint them. I didn't have my sketchbook or a camera, but I really thought about seeing and not just about what I saw, but how do I translate that into 2-D with chemical pigments? I know this is what artists do all the time, but I really indulged today. It felt like a significant lesson.

1 comment:

  1. The hydrant is an interesting idea. I love to crop. Usually I end up chopping off the tops of heads if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...