Sunday, February 6, 2011

Discovering Bonnnat 8"x8" oil #210

This is a favorite image of mine which I have painted once before, but this one is in a square format and the colors are lighter and cooler. For some reason I tend to go with a particular palette for a number of paintings and then switch to another one. I may do a lot of warm yellows or cool blues or tend toward lavender grays or greens. I am not sure why I do this so I am just going to call it "my personality style showing itself." I like the figures in this painting but I really am paying tribute to Bonnat's Roman Girl at the Fountain, which I think is an exquisite painting.
SOLD

1 comment:

  1. My sister did a copy of Bonnat's Girl at the Fountain when she was a teenager. Her copy was a lovely painting as is your genre painting.
    Would love to see the original.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...