Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mother Nature 5"x7" oil #221


I was challenged with the paint on this one. It is not at its finished state because I need to let it dry a bit and rework a couple of areas. Usually it is the oil paint's ability to slide around that I like, but I had trouble with the features and getting the color right and it got to where the paint would pick up on the brush rather than lay down. This was a new experience for me. The other issue I have is that my brushes are completely worn out and I keep procrastinating at getting new ones. This is really not smart as brushes are a critical tool. I like the composition and the background suggestion.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful painting. I love the suggested love you showed between mother and son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little painting. Your composition adds to its serenity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...