Saturday, February 5, 2011

On Closer Inspection 5x7" oil #209

I struggled with the colors on this one...trying to balance the warms and cools and choosing the right color for the walls and clothing. Those struggles are good because they make me really think about what I am doing. Sometimes it just comes easy and it turns out right, but even if I struggle and I don't get it just right, the struggle is productive. This has a cooler temperature than many of the museum paintings I've done and I am not sure I like that, at least for this one. I do like the way they are studying this and the tension in the arm that is being held back...it is clear she has an awareness that she doesn't want to touch this art. She is holding back her bags so they don't swing forward.
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...