Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Blessing 5"x7" oil #116


My fellow painter/friend Shirley Fachilla (who paints with the most luscious colors sometimesapainting.blogspot.com) has encouraged me through the comments she leaves. She mentioned the importance of talking about the process. I am just getting comfortable about that. This painting is a bit of a change for me in that I wanted to keep it really loose as the last few I have done were pretty tight. I didn't want to define anything too closely, but keep the shapes somewhat abstract. I also opened a tube of Grumbacher titanium white and it gave me fits. It is so sticky I can't handle it. I don't know what the problem is, but it is a 5oz. tube of wasted paint. I also dropped this one face down in my lap as soon as I finished it. These are some of the more mundane problems in the process. There is a connection between the hands and the gift in this one. It is representative of the blessing both spiritual and tactile that we receive from others.

1 comment:

  1. I think your colors are quite luscious; you've included all my favorites, lavender, pink, gold, and orange (guess I lean heavily toward warm).
    I also like the way the package is tilted toward the viewer. I feel as though it's being offered to me!
    Thank you very much for the nice words, Christine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...