Friday, November 5, 2010

Open Heart Pose 8x10" oil #117


Makes the blood rush to my head! This was a tricky perspective with her lying on the floor, her hand almost at my feet, and her legs propped up. It is an exercise in getting all the rolling forms, but I wonder if it would read better if I had forshortened her lower legs even more. This was the angle I was seeing it at, but I am learning that sometimes you have to make changes for it to read in a logical way. It is all part of the journey (that is probably my mantra for life). I painted this in 15 minutes on red mat board. I like these quick exercises I do on Thursday evenings. Today I will get back to painting packages and I want to play with some etchings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...