Sunday, November 7, 2010

Landmark oil 6.25"x5.75" #119

I carry my camera every where I go and am constantly taking photos. The day I took this photo was one of those incredibly perfect fall Vermont days and I pulled over to snap a photo of an east looking landmark view of Camel's Hump. I have felt the need to paint a landscape this week so I pulled this one up and was surprised to see the lamppost and fire hydrant were in the shot, which I thought was funny as it was in the country. Then I thought how property taxes are reduced in proximity to a fire hydrant...for this piece of land...I don't think that would make a lot of difference.

2 comments:

  1. Your instinct to paint a landscape was good. Wonderful colors; the mountain itself is just lovely. I also enjoyed the fire hydrant story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice clouds, too. Sweet little painting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...